Welcome to Student Wellbeing
If you need urgent support or feel you are in a crisis, please contact the emergency services: 999.
If you need medical help and are not sure if you are in a crisis, please call 111 to be assessed.


Please read the information to ensure you are filling in the correct form of the two below. If you fill out the incorrect form, you will be directed to the correct form to fill out.


Mental Health & Therapeutic Support

If you need support with your studies due to your mental health difficulties or if you are looking for therapy/counselling, please fill out the Mental Wellbeing & Therapeutic Support Form by clicking on the link below. Our senior clinicians will assess your form and allocate you to the right support services. Please note that we are in high demand and we aim to provide you with the support you need as soon as we can. We will call or email you with an appointment, so please look out for our emails to prevent delays to you receiving our help!

If you want to speak to someone more immediately about a difficulty you are experiencing, you can speak with a trained therapist at anytime, 24/7 and 7 days a week. The FREE number to call is the Student Assistance helpline by Health Assured: 0800 028 3766.

If you have experienced a bereavement or if you are feeling low, depressed, stressed, or anxious you can call this support line. You can also call if you need financial, legal, non-urgent medical advice too! You will speak with qualified counsellors on the call, including a team specialised in the areas of bereavement, finance, law and medical care.

You can also access the MyHealthyAdvantage app and use the UH unique code: MHA191133


To complete the Mental Health & Therapeutic Support Form, please click on the link at the bottom of this page.


Study Related Support (Disability and/or Mental Health):

If you have a disability or difficulty which impacts on your ability to access University fully then please do contact us to discuss the most appropriate support available for you. Not all students who need support will consider themselves disabled, but if you do find that you need some help or support, please come and have a chat to find out what is available for you.

The advisers within Student Wellbeing are able to agree adjustments and support you to share information with your academic team so that you are able to engage fully with your studies.

*Student Wellbeing support is delivered in a blended way, with appointments offered online, face to face and by telephone. Support will be offered in the most appropriate way for students needs and may be a mix of online and face to face. All of our advisers and counsellors will work in the above ways without compromising on the quality of the support.*


For any other queries, please email studentwellbeing@herts.ac.uk

Please click or tap the appropriate menu item below to indicate the forms you wish to complete.